The Sunday Surprise

BIGGEST SURPRISE!
Sakura in Germany! My first time ever to see this cute cherry blossom!
One week in Köln, so much to yarn!

It has been one week already and I have basically done nothing besides chilling. We do not have to be productive all the time, right? My hectic time in Finland(Don't ask me why, it is probably my inborn Hong Kong spirit)has entitled me to be an idler in Germany. Of course, I accept this offer with pleasure. 

As usual, I opted to spend my Sunday in a laid-back way. German Sunday means everything closed, even in Köln, one of the biggest cities in this nation. Bakeries are open for a while to satisfy German bread devotees. If you decide to spend your day at home lazing around, then grocery shopping has to be done on Saturday.

Spring has tiptoed and reached Köln. The sun was bright on the blue sky, and it was 18 degrees Celsius! Perfect day for picnic! Finns, you can envy me as much as you want. 

As a biker, the warmer weather and the red bike paths all over the city have urged me to move my legs.  Lucky enough, my landlord has lent her bike to me as well! Therefore, I decided that Sunday would be the day to venture with her bike! Imagine, riding your bike swiftly and embrace the spring breeze! WEE!!

Off I rode and Ta-La-La-Di-Da I felt like flying! This bike would be my good buddy during this exchange...

My imagined happy ending story in my mind would be: I rode my bike quickly, finished that 11km journey in about 40 minutes then had picnic. However, reality played another version. After riding blissfully for 15 minutes, BOOM! I kept on riding suspiciously but my bike just slowed down. The tire went flat and I was not even half way through...Bad luck.

Being desperate, I waved and stopped a man for help. This macho man was indeed a kind one, he even pumped my tire! Unfortunately, it was in vain as the inner tube was broken. Therefore, Adventure 1.1 began and I had to search for Ubahn(the so-called metro in Germany). My determination told me that home was definitely not the direction to go! After dragging the bicycle for a while, I found my way to the nearest Ubahn. Thank you to all those Germans who gave me direction!

The Ubahn Station, covered with graffiti, 100 per cent.

When I saw a bike without two wheels laying poorly on the ground, in front of the Ubahn. I frowned and took the bike with me, no matter what. Got in the Ubahn so everything should run smoothly again. BAD LUCK again. The Ubahn stood there for more than 15 minutes and ambulance came(WHAT?!?!). Luckily, it moved forward in the end so my journey continued. When I changed from Ubhan to train, the nice Deutsch Bahn lift were not working! This was so Sunday!! When I stared at the escalator, which also did not work on Sunday, hopelessness doomed over me. SUPER BAD LUCK. I should just stay home.

After this series of unfortunate events, I find Germans/Kölner friendly. One guy helped me to carry my bike up to the platform and another man down. I reached my destination somehow and so the picnic began! My good friend, as usual, was well-prepared so we had something to munch on the grass. Dogs, ice-cream and sunshine made my day perfect again!

  





So the whole blog is about this hideous bike.

沒有留言:

張貼留言