Sweet Attack-The Köln Carival


Triumph Trophy! Glee!


Day 2 in Köln-Tired
Sometimes I hate myself. After my long, indirect trip to Köln then my flat, not to mention being forced to speak German to my landlord, my mind and body were completely drained out of energy. But! Yes, there is a BUT, once I fell onto my bed and was ready for dormancy, my brain turbos were running high and I just simply could not sleep instantly. I am new, I have many things to fix, I should blah blah blah...

Oh Sharon, it would be much easier if you think less.

Monday, the peak of carnival, everything was close. So I did not need to fix this, I did not need to do that... I fell asleep late and I woke up early. Oh my beauty sleep. The Carnival would begin at 10:30am and last for three hours. I was lazing around, too tired to lift my finger. I firmly believed that I needed to stay at home in order to recover(and to unpack). My flatmate then turned on the television to show me the carnival. Naah, just throwing candies, no special performance, nor they were even super handsome or pretty.

It was not too bad to start my day with this view from our balcony.
Parade LIVE, boring.


Stop acting like a granny with menopause! This is a brand new city and you are here only for 5 months! You booked the ticket early so you could take part in the carnival! I called Louise, who also claimed to be not interested(yesterday), and asked for our plan. Okay, It would not hurt to have a look.  We set our meeting time at 2:30pm, when the carnival was supposingly over, just to see how drunk the Germans are.

People wearing costumes, lots of animals and Jokers, which were all completely expected. Last but not least, beer in hand, expected as well. We stood in the crowd, watched the parade, commented the outfit, discussed the German über-tall bodies and how the candies rained on the other side and never reached us.It was funny to see how the slight interest of picking up bonbons started to stir inside our minds. After half an hour standing with my stomach empty, I started to complain. Therefore, we walked away for food. Then I saw an empty spot in the front row. 

These two girls who said they were not into this kind of craziness went bananas. 

Bit by bit, we moved further forward again. A superb geographical location, no excuse for empty hands and bag! In the beginning, the aggressive Germans with long hands and long legs frightened us a bit. Once we had got used to it, we also took action and enjoyed the sheer sweetness. This was indeed a hilarious scene. When all the adults were keener than kids fighting for candies and chocolate, on the contrary, children performers threw these desirable items to the audience, without any facial expression. HA.

With our Asian faces and heights, people treated us in a friendly manner. There was a granny with an elegant red hat gave us the black softie(shown above), some candies and chocolates she had received. A pair of couple next to this granny always invited us to go before them and gave us candies as well. Sometimes, it is good to be different. HA.

By the end of the parade, my head was hit by bars of chocolate twice. That was why the german guys who stood next to me told me to have a hat. No pain no gain, right? Those two bars of chocolate fell into another person's hands in the end though...Never mind,we had a bag full of sweets and flowers. Both of us were happy and satisfied.


P.S. No carnival photos provided because we were too busying waving our hands, snatching candies, bouncing...
P.P.S By midnight, my fatigue doomed over me BUT once again, I was too excited...

沒有留言:

張貼留言