Strike FULL STOP

Nothing worked

Another Tuesday,  I thought. With my to-do list ready, I woke up early and efficiently in order to catch the U-Bahn. Walking swiftly towards the station, an amiable Turkish lady told me that the U-Bahn would never come. WHAT? This is not Finland, there is no snow, the temperature is over 0 degree... What happened with the rails? Someone jumped?

Never mind. I am open to adventures. This time I would venture my way downtown with different types of transport. Nice! When I reached the bus station, my heart sank. People standing impatiently and there was a huge traffic jam which was abnormal in the outskirts of Cologne, on the other side of Rhein.

After twenty minutes of waiting, I gave up. According to my German friend, the trade union went on a strike all day long. That was why! While seeing someone taking taxi, I pouted and simply walked home sulkily(with an apple pastry in order to compensate my shortened beauty sleep).

It was quite peculiar when I compared the situation in Hong Kong to Germany. This was indeed my first time to encounter a strike. Might it be obedience or submission, normally, no one dares to strike in Hong Kong. Productivity and efficiency are far too important to be ignored. On the other hand, if I had some urgent matter, a strike out of the blue would bring on the desperation...



Anyway, a free day is always terrific. Idling suits me well. After 4 years in Finland, there is some nordic-ness in me.  It is good to spend some time alone in the nature. I discovered this lake nearby with this fluffy guest. Looking at the surprisingly light blue water, swans and ducks swimming, it is schade that they are going to build a leisure center. Even  I would move to the center soon, this hidden germ would always be one of my favorite spots in Cologne.  



沒有留言:

張貼留言